Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I truly am Blessed


This Kailey and she is my God daughter. These past couple of weeks she has been around the house and it's really a nice feeling. The noises, the activity and the feeling of young energy about the place. Then I think it's not all that long ago our own little kids would natter about the digs. So it has taken me back to the days when Alex and Becca were that age. The only difference is thankfully the Barney videos have been long turfed out! So no need to slit the wrists this time around.

It has also made me feel old. I look at Kayley and think, where did the time go. Before I knew it I am a middle aged guy with as much of my life ahead of me (being hopeful) as there is behind me. This situation has truly caused me to reflect on my place in the cycle of life....kids do do that.

Good grief, what will happen when we start with the grand kids. I could only wonder at this point. I will have some new one to torment.

No comments: