Tuesday, December 13, 2011

and a new project begins....


I have been driving around the city of Calgary for quite a bit now. On a recent trip I was inspired and now I have made it my new project. The uncelebrated corner store. These are not the same as the ones in the little strip plaza. These are neighbourhood institutions that in some cases have been around for a generation, or two.

These were and are family run businesses. The person at the register would know your name, your brother or sister`s name and what brand of smokes your father smoked. That of course was at a time when as a kid, you could stop in a grab a pack of your father`s favourite brand and the clerk knew that your word was good enough and pass them across the corner.

I even remember going to the Starlite in Windsor and buying a bag of chips for fifteen cents. How`s that for dating myself. Anyways, I am using this topic for the start of a new photo series. Keep in touch and see what I come up with.

No comments: